Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco: You`re Driving Me Crazy 2-LP
'You're Driving Me Crazy' is a studio collaboration between Van Morrison and legendary Hammond organist Joey DeFrancesco.
You're Driving Me Crazy' is a studio collaboration between Van Morrison and legendary Hammond organist Joey DeFrancesco. It features interpretations of jazz and blues standards as well as selections from Van Morrison's songbook and is the follow-up to 2017's 'Versatile', Van's chart-topping jazz album.
You're Driving Me Crazy finds Morrison collaborating in the studio with DeFrancesco and his band--including Dan Wilson (guitar), Michael Ode (drums) and Troy Roberts (tenor saxophone). DeFrancesco, who signed his first deal with Columbia Records at the age of 16, has performed with Miles Davis, John McLaughlin, Grover Washington Jr., Jimmy Smith, Ray Charles, Bette Midler, Elvin Jones and many more while leading his own band, and is responsible for bringing the classic Hammond organ sound back to the world of jazz in the late 1980s.
The world of jazz has provided a vital ongoing influence on the music of Van Morrison, whose acclaimed 1968 studio masterpiece, Astral Weeks, showcased jazz musicians Connie Kay, Jay Berliner, and Richard Davis. Inspired by the spontaneity, soul and sound of jazz, Morrison has performed on stage and/or in the studio with a variety of jazz and blues musicians including John Lee Hooker, Ray Charles, Mose Allison, Bobby Bland, Solomon Burke, Jeff Beck, Georgie Fame, Robbie Robertson, Freddie Hubbard, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Maceo Parker, Candy Dulfer and others.
- 1 -
- 1. Miss Otis Regrets (Cole Porter)
- 2. Hold It Right There (Terry, Grey, Vinson)
- 3. All Saints Day (Van Morrison)
- 4. The Way Young Lovers Do (Van Morrison)
- 5. The Things I Used To Do (Eddie Jones)
- 6. Travellin' Light (John Mercer, James Mundy, James Young)
- 7. Close Enough For Jazz (Van Morrison)
- 2 -
- 1. Goldfish Bowl (Van Morrison)
- 2. Evening Shadows (Van Morrison / Acker Bilk)
- 3. Magic Time (Van Morrison)
- 4. You're Driving Me Crazy (Walter Donaldson)
- 5. Every Day I Have the Blues (Peter Chatman)
- 6. Have I Told You Lately (Van Morrison)
- 7. Sticks and Stones (Titus Turner)
- 8. Celtic Swing (Van Morrison)